Company Description: We are a deep tech startup working on building core technologies for Electric Vehicles founded by IIT and ISB alumni.
We are a young startup with a small but enthusiastic team and a great working environment. Join us in our journey to electrify mobility in India.
We are looking to hire an Accountant with an analytical mind and fantastic organizational skills. Looking for critical thinkers, proficient in math and accurate with a solid understanding of account and financial reporting principles and practices.
· Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets.
· Maintain accounts for the company using Tally.
· Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
· Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
· Responsible for account payable and receivable.
· Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
· Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
· Responsible for financial and tax audits
· Responsible for preparation of general ledger.
· Filing income tax returns, payment of TDS and corporate reporting requirements.
· Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
· Complete end of month close procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related (essential).
· Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
· 2-5 year of Accounting work experience (essential).
· Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
· Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
· Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.